Today is the seventh day of our 12 Days of Christmas Series. To read all the posts in this series go here.
Don’t you just love the holiday season?? I love pumpkins and they remind me of the holiday season.
Every year I take my son pumpkin picking and we have a lot of fun. Once it’s pumpkin season we know that the holidays are just around the corner.
My wonderful 6-year-old son loves to help me in the kitchen especially if I’m baking desert. After pumpkin picking this year, he decided on pumpkin muffins. You can never go wrong with pumpkin muffins.
This recipe is completely kid-friendly and has a healthy twist. This is a great way to bond with children in the kitchen making a healthy snack.
Take a look at my little guy whipping up muffins!
- 1 1/2 cup of spelt flour
- 1 cup of unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of ginger
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 cup of coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 6 tbsp of water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 salt
- Flax egg: Mix ground flax seed with water and set for 5 mins.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare flax eggs. Mix ground flax seed with water. Set aside for at least 5 min to thicken.
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a large bowl: spelt flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix together all wet ingredients in a medium bowl: olive oil, vanilla. flax egg and pumpkin puree.
- Add wet ingredient to dry ingredients.
- Using an ice cream scoop or spoon add batter to a muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 min or until muffins become dark brown. Use a toothpick to ensure muffins are cooked throughout.
Jameelah helps moms create a healthier lifestyle for their families through health tips, natural living DIY, and healthy recipes. She is the mother of 2, including 6-year-old son and a bundle of joy arriving in December. She enjoys spending time with her family.